Occupants will only notice new thermostats, but building owners will enjoy the energy cost savings as we align the building's HVAC system with your operating schedules and tenant comfort.
EnergyOP is an integrated monitoring and control service for HVAC systems that uses wireless controls to deliver comfort at reduced energy costs. QuEST brings new-generation wireless controls and comprehensive energy management solutions to existing small to mid-sized commercial facilities with multiple package rooftop units with single-zone thermostat control. Energy savings come from equipment scheduling and occupancy controls, setback strategies, preheating and cooling.
EnergyOP delivers the following benefits:
- Provide ongoing energy management and diagnostics for small and medium buildings that do not have facility or janitorial staff on site.
- Save energy expenses by ensuring that HVAC systems are not running during off hours or weekends.
- Provide troubleshooting on HVAC equipment.
- Provide remote access to change setpoints, schedules, etc.
- Provide monthly savings report to ensure persistence.
The EnergyOP platform, for a typical installation, provides for a 1 to 1.5 year payback assuming utility incentives. EnergyOP provides a very cost-effective solution to a class of buildings that, except for lighting upgrades, have typically not seen much energy efficiency.
QuEST is currently running EnergyOP/Wireless Energy Management pilot programs through both Pacific Gas & Electric and Southern California Edison, and an EnergyOP Third Party Program for the City of Palo Alto.